Connect to municipal water
Well Conversion Grant Program
The Southern Nevada Water Authority Well Conversion Grant Program was established through recommendations from the Advisory Committee for Groundwater Management. This program offers financial assistance to well owners who are required by the Nevada State Engineer to connect to a municipal water system. It’s also available to well owners who volunteer to connect.
The grant program covers the following:
- Offsite costs: The program covers up to 85 percent of the offsite construction costs to extend water service to the occupied property (service line must be within 180 feet of your property).
- Service connection costs: The program covers 85 percent of applicable connection and upfront fees charged by your new municipal water utility (LVVWD, City of Henderson, City of North Las Vegas).
- Onsite costs: The program provides a flat $500 stipend to offset costs related to connecting a lateral water line from your residence to the main water line.
- Well plugging and abandonment: 100 percent of the cost for well plugging and abandonment is covered through the program.
NOTE: Individuals on public assistance may qualify for 100 percent reimbursement for all well conversion costs. Please contact the GMP Program Team for more information.
- For quasi-municipal or community wells, each home connected to the well must agree to connect to the municipal system.
- Applicants must pay any past-due Groundwater Management Program fees before grant funding is awarded.
- Must be connected to a municipal sewer system or be willing to convert from septic to sewer prior to participating in the Well Conversion Program. Get more information.
- Apply online.
- Once approved, secure bids from at least three class A contractors (must be A-19a licensed) for water line construction/connection.
- Submit bids to the GMP Program Team.
- Complete construction and pay the contractor the full cost (SNWA will coordinate abandonment and plugging of well at no cost to you).
- Contact the GMP Team upon project completion to schedule an inspection.
- Receive reimbursement for 85 percent of eligible expenses plus a flat $500 stipend for onsite costs.
Ready to connect to the municipal water system? Apply now for the Well Conversion Grant Program. Please note after your application is complete, you will receive an email from staff on the status of your application.I Want To Convert My Well
Contact us with any questions or to receive a hard copy of the application.